Anyone else have to deal with people who just plain don't know how to use the word "Wicca" in a sentence? Things like "How do I know if someone has used Wicca on me?" or "How do I do Wicca?"

For anyone who doesn't understand my complaint, replace "Wicca" with "Christianity" or "Islam" or any other belief system and see if the sentence makes a lick of sense. You don't "do" a religion. You can look like a member of a religion, but if all you're doing is focusing on motions and actions, you are most certainly not actually participating in said religion.

1 comments

  1. Chelydoreus // December 15, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

    I so agree. What I find even worse to read is taking a word and unbelievably twisting it's spelling: Magic becoming something like "majick" or Wicca being called "wiccanism" or (Gods forbid) "wiccanry".

    People so need basic education.