Ever seen the advertisement in which a man's computer screen reads "You have reached the end of the Internet?" That's sort of how I feel tonight. At least, I've hit the end of the Internet that's worth reading. I'm trying to come up with something appropriate for my blog at About.com, but I have reached an impasse.

I could go on about the recent antics of the Westboro Baptist Church, or the fact that I can remain relatively unbiased about darn near everyone but them.

I could report on soldiers who have been informed that they cannot be conscientious objectors because they don't want to serve with homosexuals.

I could lament on the the 50th time I've seen someone claim that Satanism is the world's largest religion because all non-Christians are Satanists.

But what I would really like to do is write about something positive. Something new. Something that hasn't annoyed me for the umpteenth time.

BTW, my spell checker accepts umpteenth as a real word. I guess that's my positive contribution for today!

4 comments

  1. Snicklefratz // July 21, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

    You could try a series on garden crafts and energy-saving changes you can make to your home to be more aware of the planet.

    Maybe try a story on the clean-up efforts of volunteers and fishermen in the Gulf of Oil Spill. Maybe suggest how the rest of us can help.

    Write a story on a remarkable animal behavior! I found out last night that birds are instinctively drawn to moth balls, which they rub their feathers on to relieve parasites. How the fuck does a bird know what a mothball is, eh?

    Write about pagans in 2010. What's different from ten years ago? Any positive change?

    Okay. I've exhausted my ideas.

  2. Catherine Noble Beyer // July 22, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

    That's not really the scope of my section. Paganism and Wicca has it's own distinct Guide Site. AltReligion is for religions way less popular than us!

    While I sometimes comment on Pagan news (since presumably some of my readers are still interested in Paganism), writing about environmentalism because it might be of interest to Pagans is pretty far off from my original topic.

    But thanks for trying!

  3. Anonomouse // August 2, 2010 at 5:38 AM  

    TK,WaD,
    For the record, "umpteenth" works for me too! MS Works. Who knew?!

    As for writer's block: Any thing along the lines of "If only I knew back then, what I know now"? How your path has changed you to becoming the person you are today.

    Those times where you notice the fork in the road of decisions; what you do Vs. what you would have done before.

    -Anonomouse

  4. Anonymous // August 3, 2010 at 12:00 AM  

    What about comparative essays? Or perhaps something on satanism as an egotistical religion rather than an evil religion?

    You could also try book reviews. XD When in doubt - read!