Why I Enjoy Door Knockers

4/09/2011 11:34:00 AM | 1 comments »

I know doorstep evangelists drive some people crazy, sometimes because of particularly bad experiences with them.  I really haven't had those bad experiences, and after having one today, I realize I actually rather enjoy them.

The gentleman at my door was advertising the Easter service at his church.  He was very polite, and he was clearly thrilled to be reaching out to others to share his faith.  He wasn't pushy.  He wished me a good day and left when I refused his literature.

Religion brings a lot of good things to good people. As long as they are polite, why wouldn't they want to share?  I was happy for this man, and I appreciate his thoughtfulness in wanting to share that happiness with me.  Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling, I guess.

1 comments

  1. Bujio // April 23, 2011 at 5:10 AM  

    I was a door knocker once. Was really dedicated. Learned the bible as best as I could...I really liked talking to people. Some people think it's an invasion of their privacy to have other people 'push' religion on them. They'd rather be left alone to pursue to burn on their own.

    I don't know why some people don't want to share. I think it comes down to fear. After all...most people believe that we cannot all be right.