A participant over at Yahoo!Answers posted this question about people naming 10 things that they actually believe in. We were specifically required not to list what we don't believe in i.e. "I don't believe Hell exists" is not a valid answer for this exercise.

For my answer, I added the further limitation that I wanted to keep away from beliefs that were effectively a derivation of a belief I had already listed.

Beliefs do not have to be specifically religious. We were simply asked to list ten things we believe. It's an interesting exercise. My answers were:
1. My Lord
2. My Lady
3. As above, so below. As below, so above.
4. Information is never evil. Evil comes from what we do with it.
5. There is no such thing as too much information
6. Good and evil are the result of free will. Neither was created, merely allowed
7. Science and religion can coexist
8. The only person responsible for me is me.
9. I am one small part of a very large reality.
10. Ritual is only useful when it sparks something within the participants and/or witnesses.

0 comments