Student Reviews, Yay!

12/08/2010 03:30:00 PM | | 0 comments »

Every semester, students get to rate me 1 through 10, and they can write comments about me.  I don't get to read them until the beginning of the next semester.

I always face these things with trepidation.  I'm made of pretty stern stuff, and I know that a lot of the negative comments come from students who didn't really apply themselves, but I always resist reading them regardless.

I just looked through last semester's reviews.  Not only did I get some of the highest scores to date, I got a lot of positive comments.  Lots of stuff about how they appreciated my study guides and exam reviews.  Lots and lots of comments about how I know my material (an issue which always makes me nervous, since I cover such a large span of time and can't be an expert in everything).

No mentions of the Black Death being a cover-up for a zombie apocalypse, but I can't have everything.

Really the only complaint I regularly got was that I require a lot of reading.  Welcome to Humanities.  Get over it.  It's a reading-intensive subject.  Nothing I can do about that.

Happy, happy happy dance. 

0 comments